The first reason why I chose this services becouse “it’s cheap” comparing with other ISP in bali. Of couse it’s a diffrent case if you strait-away to some internet cafe’s that easy to find arround the city and at the tourism area or you can go for a couple-cup of coffee arround Kuta, Seminyak and Sanur with your laptop to a wireless hotzone and log in. Compairing with other services that available in the island for only Rp. 200,- per 1 Mb transfer and less complicated equipment and setup or some surprising billing this alternative way is very recomended. Jagoan by Starone is a Prepaid CDMA Mobile services launch by Indosat for limited area only (can use only where the number is registered). You may fill back the credit with a voucer up to Rp. 50.000,- or you may buy the credit using BCA ATM or else up to Rp. 150.000,- credit. The company claim this product can connect to the internet with speed access up to 153.6 kbps. Here some tips how to get connected to the internet using the product with services.
- a CDMA cellphone. Here I use a NEOTEL CDMA Phone CX5000 of couse you can use another brand such as Nokia. I buy this phonecell in last September 2006 at the Neotel Shop in Jalan Teuku Umar area. It’s cost me Rp. 650.000,- I think if you buy now the price is already cheaper. Or you can buy another series which is have a better style and facility.
- a Data Cable, to use a cellphone as a dial-up modem you need to buy a data-cable that will be attach to your PC using Port-Com, for nokia products there is an USB data cable in the market. I buy this data-cable in the same shop for Rp. 200.000,- . Other alternatife equipment you can buy a USB CDMA Modem, with this equipments you don’t need a cellphone with a data cabel anymore. The USB CDMA Modem cost you about Rp. 700.000,- to Rp. 1.500.000,-.
- a Starone Jagoan CDMA Chips, You can buy the chip mostly in every cellphone shop arround the city for only Rp. 12.000,-
Setting-up the Connection.
- Register your new number to Indosat via SMS/Starone Website/Call Center/nearest Gallery Indosat. You need to full-fill your registration with informations such as Paspor Number/KTP/Kartu Pelajar/Mahasiswa, Full Name, Addresses, Place and Date of your birth. Read the manual flyer for details.
- Read/Download the how to setup connection in here.
- If you using another handset check the avilable software in here.
- Make sure your position is in the coverage area (Tabanan, Mengwi, Ubud, Gianyar, Peguyangan, Tanah Lot, Sukawati, Denpasar, Kerobokan, Kuta, GWK).
- If you keep going have an error “Error 691 : Acces denied becouse the username and/or password was invalid on the domain.” while you dial, that becouse you run-out of minimum credit to get online which is Rp. 5000,-.
- Make sure your cellphone battery is full, so you not got disconected while in the midle of someting.
*yes I know my english is terrible.
The promo for Bali area just end by February 21, 2007. Now the price have return to the regular price. for detail call the at 555 use your starone number.